CFP: AGILE 2019, the 22nd AGILE Conference
June 17 â€“ 20, 2019, in the coastal city of Limassol Chipre
Call for Papers
AGILE 2019 will offer keynote sessions, parallel paper presentation sessions, poster sessions and pre-conference workshops to share ideas, explore on-going research, discuss future developments including state-of-the-art applications, and network with professionals from the academia, industry, and government, interested in promoting GI research and education activities among GI laboratories at the European level.
Potential contributors are invited to submit:
Full-paper submissions (4000 to 6000-word manuscript) of original and unpublished fundamental scientific research. High-quality scientific submissions will be accepted for presentation at the conference and published in the Springer Lecture Notes on Geoinformation and Cartography. PhD students are especially encouraged to submit full papers.
Short paper submissions (2000 to 3000-word manuscript) of original and unpublished research work. High-quality scientific and strategic (industrial and governmental) submissions will be accepted for presentation at the conference and published in the AGILE proceedings volume (with ISSN).
Poster submissions (500 to 1000-word manuscript) of original scientific and strategic research work. High-quality submissions will be accepted for poster presentations at the conference and provide the exceptional opportunity to stimulate scientific discussions and exchange novel ideas.
Note: Papers must be written in English according to the Springer (full papers) or submission (short papers and posters) formatting guidelines, and should not contain any information able to reveal (co)author identity as AGILE 2019 is running a blind review process.
The general conference topics for AGILE 2019 include (but are not limited to):
- · Spatiotemporal Data Acquisition, Modelling, and Analysis
- · Earth Observation Systems: Algorithms and Applications
- · Location Based Services and Mobile GI Applications
- · Way Finding, Routing and Indoor Navigation
- · Cognitive Aspects of Human-Computer Interaction for GIS
- · Model Web, Geospatial Workflows and Service Composition
- · Geosensors Networks and Sensor Web
- · Volunteered Geographic Information and Community Observatories
- · Crowdsourcing, Co-creation and Participatory GIS
- · Smart Cities
- · Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery
- · Spatial Statistics and Geostatistics
- · Big Spatial Data: Analysis and Visualization
- · Uncertainty and Error Propagation
- · 3D Modelling, Analysis and Visualization
- · Digital Earth, Virtual Globes and Spatial-oriented Augmented Reality
- · Spatial Data Infrastructures: Data and Service Sharing
- · Future Internet, Ubiquitous Web and Geographic Information Systems
- · Geodesign
- · Environmental/Ecological and Urban/Regional Modelling
- · Demographic and Socioeconomic Modelling
- · Natural Resources Management and Monitoring
- · Cultural Heritage Applications
- · Disaster and Risk Management
- · Health GIS and Spatial Epidemiology
- · Socio-Economic Impact Assessment of GI
- · GIScience and Technology Education and Training
- · Reproducible Research
Contributions are invited, however, on all topics within the field of Geographic Information Science and Technology. As the conference theme is "Geospatial Technologies for Local and Regional Development", relevant contributions are particularly welcome. In addition, contributors are encouraged to propose new themes, both for presentations and workshops, as AGILE seeks to ensure that new perspectives on research and education in geographic information science are fully represented at the conference to help shaping the future European research agenda in this field.
· Full Paper Submission: 30 November 2018
· Pre-Conference Workshop Proposal Submission: 30 November 2018
· Notification of Workshop Acceptance: 10 December 2018
· Notification of Full Paper Acceptance: 14 January 2019
· Camera-ready Full Papers due: 01 February 2019
· Short Paper & Poster Submission: 01 January 2019
· Notification of Short Paper & Poster Acceptance: 04 March 2019
· Grant Application Submission: 18 March 2019
· Camera-ready Short Papers & Posters due: 01 April 2019
· Notification of Grant Application Acceptance: 01 April 2019
· Early-bird Registration: 30 April 2019
· Pre-conference Workshops: 17 June 2019
· Conference: 17-20 June 2019
Please note that all submission deadlines displayed above end at 23.59 CET on the provided date.
For more information please refer to the conference website: Agile 2019